Feedback from courses/workshops is outlined below
Participants of READING & WRITING NATURE POETRY, one-day workshop:
- 10am- 4pm, Saturday, 25 March 2017, Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast
- 10am-4pm, Saturday 18 November 2017, MarketPlace Theatre & Arts Centre, Armagh.
All participants strongly agreed that their objectives for the workshop had been met.
- “I enjoyed being introduced to poems I hadn’t read before and new insights gained.”
- “I enjoyed all aspects of the course.”
Participants of WRITING POETRY, 4 week course, Stranmillis College Belfast, Nov-Dec 2016:
- “Excellent course in structure and content. Everything got the right balance.”
- “I loved the whole ambience.”
Participants of ADVANCED POETRY, one-day workshop at: MarketPlace, Armagh, 3 Dec 2016; and at the Crescent Arts Centre Belfast, 20 May 2017.
- “I really enjoyed the day and it flew by. Loved the tutor’s style and pace.”
- “Great workshop, done with gentle sensitivity.”
- “I came with no expectations. I left with an energy and enthusiasm to explore and write poetry.”
- “I found the critique of our own work very beneficial.”
Participants of SIGNS AND WONDERS: READING AND WRITING THE POETRY OF BIRDS, 6-week course, Stranmillis College, Belfast, April-May 2016:
- “Opened my mind to so many more aspects of poetry and writing”
- “I enjoyed every single aspect of the course”
- “A brilliant inspirational course. More please!”
- “The course was run in an inclusive and encouraging way so that we felt able to contribute our comments and own poems and these became an important part of it. There was helpful rather than negative criticism.”
Participants of POETRY WRITING, one-day workshop, MarketPlace, Armagh, 6 Feb 2016:
- “Excellent material. Excellent delivery. A great day. Thank you”.
- “Very enjoyable. An excellent introduction to poetry”.
- “Felt I wanted the day to be longer. Thanks, I am so inspired and hopeful”.
CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOPS AND COURSES
WILD WRITING, 6 week course, 9 Jan – 20 Feb 2018, Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast.
- “An enthralling six weeks!”
- “Well structured and inspirational teaching”
- “I enjoyed it hugely as it was challenging in quite a deep way and made me write differently”
- “Course could have been carried out for more than six weeks”
One-day WRITING FOR FICTION workshop, Saturday 10 Feb 2018, MarketPlace Theatre & Arts Centre, Armagh.
- All participants agreed strongly that their objectives for the workshop had been met
- “Extremely detailed and well organised’
- “It was all wonderful”
CREATIVE WRITING, 6 week Creative Writing Course, First Steps Women’s Centre, Dungannon, Nov-Dec 2017:
- “Thank you for the teaching and the amazing activities.”
- “Thank you for a wonderful course. I enjoyed it so much.”
WRITING OURSELVES, one-day Creative Writing Workshop, MarketPlace Armagh, 8 October 2016 & 21 Jan 2017; and at the Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast, 29 April & 2 Dec 2017.
- “Such a wonderful and delightful day spent with a very experienced and encouraging tutor”
- “I found it all quite liberating. Time went by so fast!”
- “Different from anything I have ever participated in to do with writing. Feel inspired.”
- “The content was excellent, more than sufficient and not daunting at all.”
- “I said I’d give it an hour. I’m still here after the end!”
- “A really worthwhile day. I loved the somewhat surreal questions we were asked to answer – different from other writing workshops. Would love to participate in other workshops you might do.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyable – thanks!”
CREATIVE WRITING, 6 week Creative Writing Course, Stranmillis College, Belfast, Oct-Dec 2016:
- “Great course”
- “I enjoyed every moment”
- “Really enjoyed how the course was structured”
- “Love to see a follow-up”.
CREATIVE WRITING, 6 week Creative Writing Course, MarketPlace, Armagh: Oct-Nov 2016; Jan-March 2017; Oct-Nov 2017.
- “Enjoyed all aspects, very useful and a great learning experience, just a bit too short!”
- “Really enjoyed the whole experience.”
- “Each two hours seemed to fly by.”
CREATIVE WRITING, 4 week Creative Writing Course, MarketPlace, Armagh, Feb-March 2016:
- “I enjoyed every part. I was excited for each class. All the challenges made my objectives met a little at a time.”
- “Very good combination of structure and creativity. Feedback from tutor very constructive.”
- “Thank you so much. Hope to work with you again”
- “Thanks for the insights and feedback, it was a great intro course to writing and I’m encouraged to keep it up!”